No Contract Broadband
Find the right broadband provider or plan can be difficult and sometimes a daunting task, especially when you sign-up for a 24month contract. That’s why we have compiled a list of the best No Contract broadband deals, ones that come with no lock-in period. Having the freedom to cancel your broadband at any time, with penalties is a great way to test your chosen broadband provider. Ask yourself, how good is their aftersales service, broadband speeds and do you get access to the website you require or is the provider throttling and limiting access? If it’s a good value broadband deal that offers the fastest connection, then you might need to look at a contract plan. However, ViewQwest and MyRepublic offer solid No Contract alternative that gives you the best of both worlds.
What are No Contract or Short-Term Broadband Deals?
A short-term or No Contract broadband plan is one that comes with no lock-in period, as the majority of the broadband provider in Singapore expect you to sign 12 or 24-month contracts. A short-term or no contract deal is usually more expensive, but you are paying for the freedom to move if you are unhappy with the service or if you simply don’t need broadband access anymore.
Why get a short-term or no contract broadband
- You are free to swap services and plans at any time.
- You have the option to cancel your subscription at any time, most likely without cancellation fees.
- Change providers when you like and keep up to date with the latest speeds and services.
- Test your broadband provider and don’t be tied down to a bad aftersales experience.
- You still get access to the best speeds, unlimited download limits and add-on services i.e. DNS or VPN security.
Disadvantages of No Contract Fibre Deals
- You might have to pay higher setup fees.
- Switching from one No Contract deal to another can get expensive, as you keep having to pay additional setup fees, which are waivered for long-term contracts.
- The luxury if a short-term plan comes at a price, with the monthly cost a heavy 25%* more expensive on average. *EnjoyCompare independent research.
- Watch out you don’t have to pay for routers or line rental. As these can greatly impact price and the advantage of being free to move.
- No all providers will offer the same amount of add-ons or features, so be prepared to negotiate.
Alternatives to No Contract plans
If you are truly looking for something short-term and your not too fussed with the speed or provider, then the following options might be a better alternative to a No Contract or Short-term plan.
- Tethering – If you have a mobile phone contract in Singapore, you can always set up a personal hotspot and connect any Wi-Fi connected device. With speeds up to 2oMbps, across a 4G network, you can enjoy great single strength across most of Singapore.
- Mobile Data – Opting for a mobile data plan with one of the telcos in Singapore is a great alternative to a short-term or no contract broadband plan. With a superfast 4G network and fantastic single strength across most of Singapore, you can buy data bundles and unlimited SIM only deals that give you freedom and flexibility.
- Contract – Yes, you might not like the idea, but a low-cost monthly contract, might give you the speed and work out with a similar annual cost than the freedom offered from a No Contract plan. If so, then check out some of the best broadband promotions offered in Singapore, with our free comparison tool.