When researching and comparing HSBC credit cards you should first consider your spending habits and regular payments. Do you mostly spend on entertainment and dining? Are you a frequent traveller for both pleasure or business and which airline do you fly? Are you interested in cashback, reward points or Air Mile benefit? Here at EnjoyCompare, we believe that your credit card should match your lifestyle because everyone’s needs are different. That’s why we have short-listed a few cards from HSBC that have excellent value propositions and explain why they might be some of the best HSBC cards in Singapore.
HSBC Credit Cards in Singapore
Compare the best HSBC credit cards in Singapore with EnjoyCompare, the Singapore comparison website to help find the best HSBC cards. Make an informed comparison of the best credit cards in Singapore and apply today for your HSBC card. With so many HSBC credit cards on the market in hard to select and compare the best HSBC cards. That’s why it’s so important to review all credit cards.
[table id=7 /]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the best HSBC credit card? HSBC offers a range of credit cards, from Cashback, Travel to Rewards cards, so the best HSBC credit card depends on what you want. luckily our team here at EnjoyCompare, have collated all the information to make an informed decision.
- How does HSBC Travel Insurance work? The majority of HSBC credit cards come with complimentary personal travel accident and flight inconvenience insurance, as long as you book your travel transport via your HSBC credit card. More information can be found here.
- Where can I find the HSBC rewards catalogue 2018? You’ve just seen your latest statement and started to think “what can I get for these reward points”, well here is the elusive HSBC rewards catalogue.
What benefits come as standard with all HSBC credit card?
- HSBC’s Tax Payment Programme – Pay your annual Singapore income with your HSBC credit card, you can either select from a one-time payment or spread the cost with monthly payments. What’s more, you can turn your tax payments into exciting rewards, with one Rewards point for every S$1 charged. *Expect to pay an admin charge of 0.5% to 1.5% depending on the HSBC card used i.e. HSBC Visa Platinum and HSBC’s Revolution are charged a 0.7% Administrative fee (as a percentage of your tax deduction amount).
- HSBC Cash Installment Plan – Easily gain access to cash, with your HSBC credit card you can choose between a repayment period or fixed monthly repayment amount. Enjoy attractive interest rates, fixed monthly repayments and Hassle-free application.
HSBC Revolution Credit Card
The HSBC Revolution credit cards offer 5X Rewards points on all qualifying spend categories, including online, dining and entertainment. Furthermore new to HSBC customers enjoy the first 2 years fee waiver and no minimum spend and earn as many Rewards points as you like. The HSBC Revolutions card comes with no minimum spend requirements and no cap on the points you can earn in any given month, that means you can continue to be rewarded for every S$1 spent (unlike some rewards credit cards in Singapore). Furthermore, HSBC customers enjoy up to 75% off hotel bookings + additional 8% off selected destinations with Agoda and 10% off hotel bookings with Expedia.
Eligible customers must be at least 21 years of age and for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, a minimum annual income of S$30,000 is required. If you do not meet the above income requirements, a minimum Fixed Deposit Collateral of S$10,000 is required.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
Enjoy up to 5% cash rebates plus 16% instant discount at all Caltex and Shell stations, with up to 5% cash rebates on selected recurring bills, grocery spends and 2% on dining. The best HSBC platinum card comes with a 2-year annual fee waiver and is equipped with Visa payWave, allowing you to wave pay for purchases under s$100. All new HSBC applicants must be at least 21 years of age and for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, a minimum annual income of S$30,000 is required. If you do not meet the above income requirements, a minimum Fixed Deposit Collateral of S$10,000 is required.
The high HSBC rebate percentage of 5% – 2% in the qualifying spend categories is very competitive when ranked against other Singapore credit cards. Plus you get to enjoy a rebate on selected recurring bills, such as mobile/ cable TV/ Internet bill payment. What’s more, HSBC cardholders enjoy a whole host of privileges and discounts with HSBC Rewards, including 10% off total bill with minimum spend of S$50 and 15% off a la carte bill at Spizza. However, it’s important to remember that this card comes with a quarterly cap of S$60 on all cash rebate, therefore capping the total annual cashback to S$240.
HSBC Infinite Credit Card
The HSBC Infinite card is one of the best credit cards in the market for the serious world traveller. The card comes loaded with a whole world of travel, dining, golf and hotel privileges, that are specifically tailored for the true frequent flyer. These privilege and exclusive benefits aren’t easy to obtain, as the card come with strict eligibility criteria and applicants must have a minimum annual income of S$120,000 or a minimum fixed deposit of S$30,000 is required to be maintained with HSBC until account closure.
HSBC Infinite cardholders enjoy free Limousine transfers and expedited immigration clearance, with 1 complimentary limousine transfer and 1 expedited immigration clearance with every S$2,000 spent on eligible purchases in a month, up to 24 times each in a calendar year. Plus the best HSBC card features complimentary travel Insurance, with coverage for over 20 benefits of up to US$2,000,000 when you charge the full travel expense to your HSBC Visa Infinite card.
This isn’t forgetting that the HSBC Infinite credit card has a superior earn rate of up to 2.25 air miles for every S$1 spent, making it the best HSBC rewards card and one of the best credit cards in Singapore. Lastly, HSBC cardholders enjoy complimentary room upgrades and preferential rates and Complimentary green fees and worldwide golfers’ insurance of up to S$500,000.
HSBC Advance Credit Card
The HSBC Advance card is open to all cardholders, however, you can enjoy additional features and rewards if you have an Advance HSBC relationship. Up to 3.5% Cash Back on all purchases. If you use your credit card to spread your payments or collect reward points on high-value purchases, then the HSBC Advance card is your perfect companion. With no minimum spend required and an additional 1% Cash Back for Advance customers. Perpetual annual fee waiver on your HSBC Advance primary and supplementary credit card.
Save on petrol. As an HSBC cardholder, you will enjoy a 16% discount at Shell stations islandwide and up to 16% discount at all Caltex service stations islandwide. What’s more, enjoy Visa payWave, which lets you pay for purchases quickly and easily without having to swipe or enter a PIN. All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, a minimum annual income of S$30,000 is required. Foreigners, have to earn a minimum annual income of S$40,000.