Apply today and enjoy Bonus of 45,000 KrisFlyer miles Read More
- Enjoy 1.2 KrisFlyer mile for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card.
- Enjoy 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases.
- Enjoy 3.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on Grab Singapore transactions, up to S$200 spend in each calendar month.
Receive up to 42,500 KrisFlyer miles with minimum spend in your first 3 months, apply for 2 Supplementary Cards, and refer a friend.
- Credit Card Review
- Detailed Description
Credit Card Review
American Express Ascend Card
The American Express Ascend credit card is one of the best AMEX credit cards in Singapore, with loads of privileges and exclusive offers its a strong contender for the best travel credit card. American Express cardholders enjoy a KrisFlyer earning rate of 1.2 miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases and 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases during June and December. Furthermore, cardholders earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
- Earn 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card
- Earn 3.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on Grab and Uber rides, up to S$200 each calendar month.
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
New American Express Card Holders:
New to American Express cardholders currently receive a bonus 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the very first time they charge the card and a further 15,000 KrisFlyer miles on S$10,000 spend in the first 3 months upon card approval. Plus you will also earn 12,000 KrisFlyer miles based on 1.2 KrisFlyer miles per S$1 spent locally.
Kick-start your travels with an unforgettable complimentary night each year at one of over 110 participating Hilton Properties and a complimentary upgrade to Hilton Honors Silver membership tier.
Benefits of Hilton Honors Silver membership:
- 15% Elite status bonus miles on top of the basic Hilton Honours base points
- 5th night is free for bookings of 5 nights or more
- 2nd guest stays free
- Late check-out / Complimentary internet access
So if you are looking for a credit card that offers create travel rewards and you are a regular Singapore Alines customer, then this card might be just right for you! What’s more, cardholders can purchase Worldwide annual multi-trip My VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential plan at S$188 (Usual: S$299).
Accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership tier
Spend above S$15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months upon Card approval to be automatically upgraded to the KrisFlyer Elite Gold Membership tier.
Benefits of Elite Gold Membership:
- Additional 20kg check-in allowance
- KrisFlyer Gold Lounge access at Changi Airport and access >900 Star Alliance Gold Lounges worldwide
- Priority airport check-in
- Priority baggage handling
- Priority boarding for Economy Class
Exclusive Hertz privileges worldwide:
American Express cardholders enjoy complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® loyalty programme and a range of exclusive benefits at over 8,500 participating locations across 150 countries around the world:
- 10% savings on published rates, including Hertz collections
- One car class upgrade (applicable to standard vehicles only and rentals of five or more consecutive days), subject to availability
- Fee-waived additional driver
Welcome Bonus KrisFlyer miles
The Welcome Bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles offer (“Welcome Bonus”) is applicable only to first time applicants of any co-branded American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card.
Card Members who have existing or cancelled co-branded American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Cards (including but not limited to the American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card, American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card or American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card) are not eligible for the Welcome Bonus.
The Welcome Bonus will be awarded to Card Members after their first successful transaction, and will be credited directly into the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer account linked to your Card.
Spend Bonus KrisFlyer miles
This Offer is only applicable to The American Express® Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card Members who apply and receive approval between 1 October 2019 and 31 January 2020 (both dates inclusive).
Spend S$10,000 on eligible purchases of goods or services within the first 3 months upon Card approval (“Spend Threshold”) and receive 15,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles. You are only entitled to enjoy this offer once.
Worldwide Annual Multi-Trip VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM Essential Plan
Offered at an introductory price of S$188 for new American Express Singapore Airlines cardmembers. My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM is an optional comprehensive annual multi-trip travel insurance product underwritten by Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited and promoted by American Express International Inc. (American Express) to deliver quality products to our customers. The American Express Singapore Airlines card you have applied for includes complimentary travel inconvenience and travel accident benefits. My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM provides comprehensive travel insurance coverage, in addition to the complimentary travel inconvenience and travel accident benefits offered on your American Express Singapore Airlines card.
Learn more about this offer and My VoyageGuard Travel Insurance at https://amex.aceinsurance.com.sg/aceStatic/ACETravel/AMEXSG/files/PolicyWording.pdf
Minimum Monthly Repayment
The minimum payment amount due on a statement of account is 3% of the outstanding balance plus the total sum of any overdue minimum payment and late payment charges, and any amount exceeding your credit limit, or S$50, whichever is greater.
Best American Express Credit Cards
Still not sure which American Express credit card to get? Then why not compare all the best American Express credit cards here at EnjoyCompare.
- You’re over 21 years of age. Supplementary Card applicant should be over 18 years of age.
- You must earn over S$50,000 per annum (or S$60,000 for non-Singaporeans & non-PRs).
Enjoycompare is an independent information provider. It is not a bank or financial services provider, and cannot give direct financial advice.
The content of the comparison website provided by enjoycompare is provided “as is” for general information purposes only. It does not constitute advice nor does any part of the content constitute an open offer capable of forming the basis of a contract. It is up to the user to ensure information is accurate at the point of submitting an application on the suppliers website.