Apply today and enjoy Bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles Read More
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer mile for every S$1.20 spent
- Accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership tier
- Start your trip in style with 4 Complimentary airport Lounge Accesses
- Purchase MyVoyageGuard Travel Insurance at an introductory offer of $188
- Receive a bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the very first time you charge to your Card
- Receive 1,500 KrisFlyer miles each, for the first two approved Supplementary Cards
- Receive 26,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles upon spending S$10,000 in the first 3 months upon card approval.
Enjoy a complimentary night each year at one of over 110 participating Hilton Properties across Asia Pacific.
- Credit Card Review
- Detailed Description
Credit Card Review
American Express Ascend Card
The American Express Ascend credit card is one of the best AMEX credit cards in Singapore, with loads of privileges and exclusive offers its a strong contender for the best travel credit card. American Express cardholders enjoy a KrisFlyer earning rate of 1.2 miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases and 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases during June and December. Furthermore, cardholders earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
- Earn 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases with your Card
- Earn 3.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on Grab and Uber rides, up to S$200 each calendar month.
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
New American Express Card Holders:
New to American Express cardholders currently receive a bonus 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the very first time they charge the card and a further 26,000 KrisFlyer miles on S$10,000 spend in the first 3 months upon card approval.
Kick-start your travels with an unforgettable complimentary night each year at one of over 110 participating Hilton Properties and a complimentary upgrade to Hilton Honors Silver membership tier.
Benefits of Hilton Honors Silver membership:
- 15% Elite status bonus miles on top of the basic Hilton Honours base points
- 5th night is free for bookings of 5 nights or more
- 2nd guest stays free
- Late check-out / Complimentary internet access
So if you are looking for a credit card that offers create travel rewards and you are a regular Singapore Alines customer, then this card might be just right for you! What’s more, cardholders can purchase Worldwide annual multi-trip My VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Essential plan at S$188 (Usual: S$299).
Accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership tier
Spend above S$15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months upon Card approval to be automatically upgraded to the KrisFlyer Elite Gold Membership tier.
Benefits of Elite Gold Membership:
- Additional 20kg check-in allowance
- KrisFlyer Gold Lounge access at Changi Airport and access >900 Star Alliance Gold Lounges worldwide
- Priority airport check-in
- Priority baggage handling
- Priority boarding for Economy Class
Exclusive Hertz privileges worldwide:
American Express cardholders enjoy complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® loyalty programme and a range of exclusive benefits at over 8,500 participating locations across 150 countries around the world:
- 10% savings on published rates, including Hertz collections
- One car class upgrade (applicable to standard vehicles only and rentals of five or more consecutive days), subject to availability
- Fee-waived additional driver
Supplementary Card Bonus
This offer is only applicable to any co-branded American Express® Singapore Airlines Credit Card Members whose new Supplementary Card is applied and approved between 1st June 2018 and 30th September 2018 (both dates inclusive). The Supplementary Card Bonus of 1,500 KrisFlyer miles will be awarded for each approved Supplementary Card, capped at 3,000 miles per Card Member. Card Members who have received, or will be receiving 3,000 KrisFlyer miles for other Supplementary Card offers will not be eligible for this bonus. The Supplementary Card Bonus will be credited directly into the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer account linked to your card approximately 10 weeks after the end of the of the promotion period. To qualify for this offer, your Card Account must be in good standing and not be cancelled for any reason.
Optional Worldwide Annual Multi-Trip VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM Essential Plan
Offered at an introductory price of S$188 for new American Express Singapore Airlines cardmembers. My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM is an optional comprehensive annual multi-trip travel insurance product underwritten by Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited and promoted by American Express International Inc. (American Express) to deliver quality products to our customers. The American Express Singapore Airlines card you have applied for includes complimentary travel inconvenience and travel accident benefits. My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM provides comprehensive travel insurance coverage, in addition to the complimentary travel inconvenience and travel accident benefits offered on your American Express Singapore Airlines card.
Learn more about this offer and My VoyageGuard Travel Insurance at https://amex.aceinsurance.com.sg/aceStatic/ACETravel/AMEXSG/files/PolicyWording.pdf
Late Payment Fees
With effect from 1 May 2018, S$90 if the Minimum Payment specified in the statement of account is not received by us by the payment due date.
Minimum Monthly Repayment
The minimum payment amount due on a statement of account is 3% of the outstanding balance plus the total sum of any overdue minimum payment and late payment charges, and any amount exceeding your credit limit, or S$50, whichever is greater.
Best American Express Credit Cards
Still not sure which American Express credit card to get? Then why not compare all the best American Express credit cards here at EnjoyCompare.
- You’re over 21 years of age. Supplementary Card applicant should be over 18 years of age.
- You must earn over S$50,000 per annum (or S$60,000 for non-Singaporeans & non-PRs).
Enjoycompare is an independent information provider. It is not a bank or financial services provider, and cannot give direct financial advice.
The content of the comparison website provided by enjoycompare is provided “as is” for general information purposes only. It does not constitute advice nor does any part of the content constitute an open offer capable of forming the basis of a contract. It is up to the user to ensure information is accurate at the point of submitting an application on the suppliers website.