Apply today and enjoy Earn 10X Reward points Read More
- Enjoy 10X Reward Points (or 4 Miles) when you purchase shoes, bags and clothes at online or retail stores, or department stores, locally and overseas.
- Redeem your hard earned Citi Dollars at over 250 merchants and pamper yourself from an extensive range of dining, entertainment and lifestyle options!
- Complimentary travel insurance when you charge your entire airfare to your credit card.
Apply today and receive up to 30,000 Citi Points when you apply and spend.
- Credit Card Review
- Detailed Description
Credit Card Review
Citi Rewards Card
Earn 10X Rewards or 4 Miles for every S$1 spent when you shop for clothes, bags and shoes or at departmental stores or online shopping websites. Rewards Points redemptions are flexible – Redeem miles, shopping or dining vouchers or cash rebate. What’s more, reward points are valid for 5 years.
The Citi Rewards Card is made for the shopaholic who is smart enough to channel all that spending towards earning more rewards. As one of the few evergreen credit cards from Citibank, this credit card perfectly complements one who indulges in contemporary lifestyles. If you want to make your spending count towards a wonderful rewards scheme which provides free vouchers and discounts for further exclusive retail and dining experience, this credit card is just what you need. For all spend outside of the listed categories you earn 1 Rewards point for every S$1 spent on all your other spend.
To illustrate this with an example:
- You spend $2,100 this month because you used the card to pay for a flight and hotel stay for a short holiday in Japan
- $2,100 = 21,000 rewards points
- What can 21,000 points earn you?
- $50 shopping voucher or $58 cash rebates or 8,400 miles
More concretely, an accumulation of 50,000 points or $5,000 spending can buy you a one-way ticket to Shanghai, and $8,800 spending or 88,000 points will reward you with a 1-night stay at the luxurious Uma Ubud in Bali. That’s not too bad a reward given that you are just spending on money you would have spent with other cards anyway!
Our tip is to put fixed monthly payments to be paid on your Citibank Rewards cards in order to reward yourself in the most efficient manner. What’s even better will be big-ticket items – booking air tickets or hotel lodging for family trips, household furniture or electrical purchases will be useful as well. The great thing is that with the flexible redemption of your rewards points, you can choose to redeem them for whatever you like, be it miles or retail cash rebates. Instant rewards are even eligible for overseas purchases, such as hotel stays and shopping vouchers in overseas malls!
Net-savvy customers these days who are accustomed to shopping online will also be happy to know that Citibank offers exclusive discounts with some of the biggest online merchants such as Zalora and Lazada.
The card is great for the all-round spender who is smart enough to channel those spending to earn further rewards and privileges. Sign-up rewards are great too, with S$120 cash back and the first year fee waiver (of $192.60 from the second year onwards). Eligibility is also easily attainable with an annual income of $30,000 for Singaporeans and $42,000 for foreigners.
Citibank Rewards cardholders also enjoy the benefits of the Citibank Privileges program, which gives you access Citi Rebate, Gourmet Pleasures and Travel Privileges. These great programs included the following.
- Citi Rebate – Up to 10% Citi Rebate on top of your existing card benefits instantly on day-to-day purchases, at over 300 locations.
- Gourmet Pleasures – Enjoy Dining deals at 1000 over eateries at Singapore.
- Travel Privileges – Amazing travel deal, discounts, exclusive privileges for Citi cardholders i.e. Expedia 10% off hotel bookings
- Online Shopping & Travel Exclusives – Access a world of exclusive deals especially curated for Citi cardholders.
- Citibank Equal Payment Plan – 0% interest instalment plan, with flexible payments at over 1000 locations from shopping to education and more.
The Citibank Rewards credit card comes with a few terms and conditions that might influence your choice of card, so make sure to read the fine print and understand the card agreement.
- The 10x rewards points promotions exclude all (but not limited to) food & beverage, travel, airline, government, brokerage/securities, cinema, insurance, tuition and online gaming websites.
- All Citi Rewards Visa Signature and Citi Rewards WORLD MasterCard (each, a “Rewards Card”) cardmembers are eligible to participate in the 10x rewards points promotion.
- 10X Rewards Promotion, an Eligible Cardholder will earn 10X Citi Dollars (every S$1 charged = 10 Citi Dollars) for retail purchases effected on the Rewards Card at participating merchants.
- The maximum amount of Citi Dollars that each Eligible Cardholder can earn under this Promotion is capped at 20,000 Citi Dollars per statement cycle.
- The maximum amount of 10X Rewards is capped at a maximum of 120,000 Rewards points per card anniversary year.
- Click here to view the Cardmember’s Agreement.
- Click here to view Information Sheet.
- Rewards points refer to the Citi Dollars earned on the Credit Card account.
Best Citi Credit Cards
Still not sure which Citi credit card to get? Then why not compare all the best Citi credit cards here at EnjoyCompare
- You must be aged 21 years old and above
- Earn a minimum annual income of S$30,000
- For foreigners, minimum annual income to qualify is S$42,000
- For salaried employee: a copy of your NRIC/passport, latest original computerized payslip or Tax Notice of Assessment or last 12 months CPF statement
- For self-employed: a copy of your NRIC/passport, last 2 years Income Tax Notice of Assessment and last 3 months’ bank statements
EnjoyCompare is an independent information provider. It is not a bank or financial services provider, and cannot give direct financial advice.
The content of the comparison website provided by EnjoyCompare is provided “as is” for general information purposes only. It does not constitute advice nor does any part of the content constitute an open offer capable of forming the basis of a contract. It is up to the user to ensure information is accurate at the point of submitting an application on the suppliers website.