Best Credit Card Promotion
If you are looking for the best credit card promotion in Singapore, then you are in the right place. Our team of experts have short-listed the best card promotions for you to compare. With free luggage, cashback and exclusive welcome promotions, it’s just a matter of picking the best promotion today. But don’t take our word for it, make sure you find the right credit card that fits your financial needs, remember that the welcome promotion or welcome gift is only one part of the financial decision.
What is a credit card Promotion?
With the best credit card in Singapore, it’s likely that you will receive a sign-up promotion featuring rewards like luggage, free flights, free hotel stays and even Krisflyer Miles, these can be offered as a sign-up promotion or after reaching a spending goal e.g. receive 5,000 kirsFlyer miles if you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months. Some of the best credit card promotions in Singapore allow you to exchange points or promotion vouchers for store discounts, gift vouchers and even flights.
Best Credit Card Promotions
|Bank||Credit Card Promotion||Eligibility|
|HSBC||Receive a Samsonite Astra 55cm Luggage (worth S$350) or S$100 cash back.||New Cardholders|
|American Express||Receive 1 Night Stay at Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore worth S$529.||New Cardholders|
|Citibank||Apply now and get up to S$120 Cash Back.||New Cardholders|
|Standard Chartered||S$100 cashback or S$150 in Prime Now Credits. Plus, an additional S$100 when you start spending.||New Cardholders|
*updated 30th November 2018
Three main types of credit card promotions
There are 3 common categories of promotions, credit card companies use to entice you to apply for the credit card. These usually include a rebate, free gift or bonus frequent flyer miles/reward points.
- Cashback or Rebate Promotion – You can expect to receive upwards of $100 per sign-up when you apply for your credit card, after an eligible transaction. However, some card providers require you to apply for multiple cards and spend a defined amount over a period of time before you receive the card. What’s more, you will most likely receive the rebate in the form of a credit on your next monthly statement, therefore don’t expect cold hard cash.
- Free Welcome Gifts – This is the most common form of promotional activity for credit card providers, with free travel luggage a Singapore favourite. However, there are also vouchers, free petrol, hotel getaways and free flight up for grabs, but just be careful when signing-up, as some providers offer limited stock to the first 200 applicants.
- Welcome Rewards or Miles – If you are looking for that initial boost in your mission to collect air miles, then keeping an eye out for attractive miles sign-up promotions is a safe bet. With some card provider offering upwards of 20,000 air miles you can make a real difference to your Kirsflyer account. However, these offers are usually tied to a spend requirement and no fee waiver.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I take out a credit card promotion? Apply for a credit card promotion instead of a rewards card or your debit card for everyday spending could be a great way to earn money back on unavoidable purchases. Which card you pick depends on your needs and spending habits. For example, Krisflyer Miles, which can be collected via certain American Express and Citibank cards, can be put towards anything from flights to SIA online purchases.
- What is a credit card Promotion? Some credit cards give you points or vouchers you can then redeem against goods and services – these are known as credit card promotions. The points or vouchers offered can also be converted into vouchers for in-store purchases, making it possible to work out an equivalent value to the cashback offered by other cards for the same spending. Some promotion cards also offer points and vouchers which can often be traded for special offers in-store or days out.
- Which credit card promotion is best? This depends on your needs and spending patterns, therefore it depends on what you require. Are you an air miles junky or just fancy some cash rebate? However, we wouldn’t recommend getting a credit card just for the promotional offer, as a credit card is a form of borrowing and does come with associated fees and interested payments if not managed correctly.