Best Credit Cards for Christmas Shopping
We are nearing the end of the year, which means Christmas is almost here! For some, Christmas marks the time for gifting, and with e-commerce and m-commerce so readily available, you don’t even need to spend time on crowded Orchard Road to buy your gifts. Shopping online gives you the convenience of choosing from a large array of items in the comfort of your home, while paying with your credit cards earns you special discounts and rebates. Here’s our list of the best credit cards to use for your upcoming Christmas shopping:
AMEX True Cashback Card – If you are looking for all-round cashback cards for your Christmas spend, the American Express True Cashback Card stands as one of the best cards in our list. This card lets you earn 1.5% cashback on any purchase with no minimum required spending. What’s great about this card is that you earn 5% cashback for the first 3 months, which means more cashback for you during this festive season!
ANZ Optimum World MasterCard – This ANZ card works a little differently from other cashback card; it allows the user to earn 5% cashback in the category of your choice. So if you love retail shopping(perfect for festive gifting), you get to earn 5% cashback on that category, while still getting a 1% cashback for all other spending! There’s no minimum spend to qualify for cashback and there is no limit to the amount of cashback you can earn every month either!
Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Card – If you love shopping but prefer to take it online, then the SingPost Card card is one of the best in the market. The card lets you earn a whopping 7% cashback on eligible online purchases, including online travel bookings. Not only that, you also earn 2% cashback on your grocery shopping at supermarkets and earn 0.2% cashback on all other purchases. We also llike the online price guarantee where you can claim for a refund of 50% of the price difference if you find a lower price of the same item within 30 days of your purchase.
OCBC Frank Credit Card – With the OCBC Frank Card you get a 6% rebate on all online purchases and NETS FlashPay Auto Top-ups, so long as you spend at least $500 per month. Other than the generous rebates which you get across all categories of purchase, you get to enjoy a number of shopping deals with prominent online retailers such as Luxola, Lazada, Gmarket and Zalora.
Christmas Gourmet Treats
What’s Christmas without some wonderful gourmet treats? Be it buying food gifts or going for a good Christmas lunch/dinner/brunch, here’s some of the great deals with the following bank’s credit cards:
- one dines free with every two paying adults for Sunday Champagne Brunch at Hilton Singapore
- 15% off Christmas goodies at Fullerton Hotel, Parkroyal on Beach Road, Mandarin Oriental and Holiday Inn
- Private 4-course Christmas dinner at Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa
- 15% off Christmas log cakes at Emicakes
- 10% off 4 course set Christmas menu at Museo
- 20% off Christmas takeaway treats at Goodwood Park Hotel, Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel and Mandarin Orchard Singapore.
- Redeem a free log cake at Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel with a minimum charge of $2,000 on your Maybank Credit card. (limited to 1,000 redemptions)
- Receive a complimentary meal voucher with a choice of Manhattan Cherry Snapper ‘n Chips (lite) or Pepper Cherry Snapper (lite) for every newly approved Supplementary Card before 31 January 2016.
Standard Chartered Cards
- 20% off dine-in for restaurants at St. Regis
- 15% off for Christmas & New Year Set Menus at DOMVS, Sheraton Towers Singapore
- 15% off Swensen’s logcakes
- 25% off food delivery orders for new customers at Foodpanda