Best Citi Credit Cards in Singapore
Interested in Citi credit cards in Singapore? See all your options and find the best one for you.
Searching for the best credit cards in Singapore doesn’t have to be overwhelming or confusing. While there are a lot of different credit card options to choose from, there are only a select few that will actually work for you, anyway. That’s why it’s so important to narrow down your choices to one financial institution when weighing your options.
Many credit card companies have a variety of credit card options with various benefits. Citi credit cards are no different. That’s why we’re breaking these cards down one at a time so you can compare which ones are right for you.
We’ll also offer you some alternative comparisons so you can really see what Citi has to offer. Keep reading to learn more.
Best Citibank Credit Card
|Best for||Credit Card||Promotion|
|Rewards||Citi Rewards Card||Earn 10X Rewards on Selected categories.|
|Cash Back||Citi Cash Card||Enjoy 8% cash back on Dining, Grab, Groceries and Petrol, worldwide.|
|Travel & Miles Card||Citi PremierMiles Card||Get up to 30,000 Citi Miles. Plus Citi Miles never expire.|
|Student Card||Clear Student Card||No minimum income required.|
|Transport Card||Citi SMRT Card||Redeem your SMRT$ for cash rebate or vouchers.|
Having a Citi credit card in your wallet leads to many great rewards. And, depending on how much you spend and what you spend it on makes the difference in which card you should choose. Let’s take a look at the Citi cards offered in Singapore.
Citi Rewards Mastercard
Citi Rewards Card
Citibank Rewards Credit Card
If you’re the type of person that likes being rewarded for spending, then the Citibank Rewards Credit Cards is the card for you! As one of the best Rewards credit cards on the market, Citi have put together a great line-up of rewards and benefits that make the Citi Rewards credit card the best in Singapore. Cardholders Enjoy 10X Rewards when you shop for shoes, bags and clothes at online or retail stores, or department stores, locally and overseas.
Pro’s Citibank Rewards Card:
- 10x rewards or Citi Dollars when you shop on Shoes, bags and clothes at online or retail stores, or department stores, locally and overseas. All other spend is at 1x rewards points.
- Earn up to 10% rebate on top of your other card benefits, with your Citi Credit Card, at over 300 locations, including Starbucks and Subway.
Con’s Citibank Rewards Card:
- 10x rewards promotions are capped at 20,000 Citi Dollars per statement cycle, which is worth knowing if you are going on a serious shopping spree!
- The maximum amount of 10X Reward Points is capped at a maximum of 120,000 Rewards points per card anniversary year.
The Citi Rewards Mastercard is perfect for those that do a lot of online shopping. It also caters to fashion retail. You’ll earn 10 points for every $1 spent on shoes, bags, clothing, and online transactions. That equals four miles per dollar!
As an added bonus, this card has a few promotions for new members. Earn 12,000 miles after you spend $3,000. You can also earn up to 10% off at Shopee, and up to 15% off at Zalora when you spend $100.
The Citi rewards card will waive the $192.60 annual fee for the first year.
Citi SMRT Visa Card
Citibank SMRT Credit Card
Citibank SMRT Credit Card
The Citi SMRT card is one of the best rewards cards in Singapore with savings of up to 5% on your daily spend. Plus cardholders can redeem the SMRT$ points for SMRT rides, shopping vouchers or cash rebate with a 1-for-1 exchange e.g. 1 SMRT$ for S$1. Whats more the SMRT card come fully loaded with Visa payWave for contactless payment and EZ-Reload facility to enjoy Auto Top-up when your EZ-Link value is insufficient.
Pro’s Citi SMRT Card:
- 5% savings on groceries (7.3% for FairPrice Xtra Kallang Wave), fast food, movies, coffee and 3% savings on online shopping!
- Earn up to 10% rebate on top of your other card benefits, at over 300 locations, including Starbucks and Subway.
Con’s Citi SMRT Card:
- Cardholders earn 4.7% SMRT$ for transactions of $50 and above and 2.7% SMRT$ is awarded for transactions less than $50.
- Cardholders may accumulate a maximum of 600 SMRT$ during any Qualifying Period.
The Citi SMRT Visa card is an excellent choice for consumers just starting out. You may still qualify with a low income and the rebates for this card are practically endless.
Enjoy up to 2% cash back on health wellness services and 3% for online spending. That’s not to mention the 5% cash back on coffee and up to 7% on groceries!
There is an annual fee associated with this card for $192.60 per year. This fee is waived for the first 2 years with up to $120 in cash rebates up front.
Citi Cash Back Visa Card
Citi Cash Back Card
Citi Cash Back Card
The Citi Cash Card offers a huge 8% (7.75% to be precise) cash rebate on Dining, Groceries and Petrol. This cash rebate is capped to S$25 per category each month, if you accumulate a total retail spend of S$888, with a 0.25% cashback rate on all additional spends. What’s more, cardholders can enjoy Citi World Privileges, which include 8% off hotel bookings to selected destinations with Agoda and up to 10% off hotel bookings with Expedia.
Pro’s of Citi Cash Back Card:
- High cashback of 8% (7.75% to be precise) on key spending categories, but make sure these match your natural spending habits.
- Access to Citi World Privileges and Discounts rewards program, which includes a free limousine ride to any destination in Singapore with min. SGD1600 charged to your Citibank Credit Card
- Free Travel Insurance – Simply charge your travel ticket to your Citi Cash Back Card and activate your travel insurance here.
Con’s of Citi Cash back Card:
- Capped category cashback rebate of S$25 per category, per month, with a minimum, spend of S$888 a month.
Singaporeans spend almost half of their earned income on food and transport. Why not get rewarded for this spending with the Citi Cash Back Visa card?
You’ll earn up to 8% cash back on petrol, Grab rides, groceries, and dining for a whopping $100 cash back per month. You do need to spend at least $888 to qualify for the cash back but if your key spending is in these categories, the rewards really stack up.
There is a $192.60 annual fee associated with this card but it is waived in the first year.
Additionally, you can earn up to 20% in fuel savings at Esso and Shell when you use your Citi Cash Back Visa card.
Citi Prestige Mastercard
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Citi Prestige Credit Card
The Citi Prestige card has been designed for VIP travellers that need more from their credit card, from airport lounge access to airport limousine transfers to or from Changi International Airport, you get it all with Citi Prestige. The Citi Prestige card enjoyed one of the highest spend to reward point ratios, with 5 ThankYou Points (2 Miles) for every S$1 spent overseas and 3.25 ThankYou Points (1.3 Miles) for every S$1 spent locally. What’s more, cardholders can enjoy up to six complimentary golf games at highly celebrated golf courses in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and China.
Citi Prestige Pro’s
- Unlimited Citi ThankYou Points – here’s no limit to how many Points you can accrue and they never expire, so you can save for a reward you really want.
- Flexible redemption – Redeem your Points for anything you may have purchased, as a cash rebate or even as miles on your favorite frequent flyer program.
- Citi Prestige global events – You’ll have access to experiences all over the world, including VIP access to concerts, and cultural and sporting events.
Citi Prestige Con’s
- A fairly hefty annual membership cost of S$535 a year.
A popular Citi credit card in Singapore is the Citi Prestige Mastercard. It boasts a welcome gift of 25,000 miles just for signing up. An additional promotion allows you to earn up to ten miles for every one dollar spent on hotel bookings at Kaligo.
The annual fee on this card is a little hefty at $535 per year but you’ll make up for it in benefits. Earn 15% to 30% annual bonuses based on your relationship with Citi. And, of course, you’ll earn 1.3 miles for every $1 spent locally and 2 miles when travelling abroad.
This card also allows you unlimited lounge access at airports and complimentary travel insurance. Not to mention you can earn free hotel nights and more.
Citi Premier Miles Visa Card
Citi PremierMiles Card
Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
If you’re looking for a credit card that gives you AirMiles and Reward points, then you can’t go wrong with the Citi PremierMiles Card. With 1.2 Citi Miles for every S$1 spent locally and 2 Citi Miles for every S$1 spent overseas you can very quickly scale your Citi Reward Miles. Not only that but the transfer of Citi Miles to Krisflyer Miles is 1-for-1 and your Citi Miles NEVER EXPIRE. Although you do have to pay a minimal S$25 transfer fee. Lastly, you can turn your miles into cash with a cash rebate on any purchases of 1,400 Citi Miles = S$10 cash rebate (0.85% cashback on all purchases uncapped).
Pro’s of Citibank PremierMiles Card:
- 1-for-1 Citibank Miles to a wide range of airline AirMile programs, including KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, Executive Club, Etihad Guest, Qantas, Qatar and Flying Blue.
- Great reward point transfers on hotel loyalty programs of 1 Citi Mile = 1 IHG Rewards Club point and 1 Citi Mile = 1.5 Hilton Honours points.
- Collect and generate Citi Miles that NEVER EXPIRE, so you can enjoy your rewards when you choose!
- Up to 10% Citi Rebate at over 300 locations, including Starbucks, Subway and Sheng Siong.
Con’s of Citibank PremierMiles Card:
- The Citibank PremierMiles card is purely designed for travellers, so don’t expect a world of other privileges. Although you do get to enjoy VIP complimentary access to airport lounges, travel and accident insurance, as well as year-long VISA Signature Privileges
- Cardholders must spend S$3,000 within 3 months from the date of card approval to enjoy the welcome 10,000 miles bonus.
One of the best travel credit cards in Singapore is none other than the Citi Premier Miles Visa card. You can earn up to 21,000 bonus miles when you pay your first annual fee of $192.60 and spend at least $7,500. Then, earn up to 10 miles for every $1 spent on hotel bookings at Kaligo in a promotional offer.
Otherwise, you’ll earn 1.2 miles for every $1 spent locally and 2 miles for every $1 on travel abroad. In addition, cardmembers receive two free airport lounge visits per year as well as complimentary travel insurance.
Citi Premier Miles American Express Card
If you frequently fly with Singapore Airlines, the Citi Premier Miles American Express card may fit well in your budget. You’ll earn 1.3 miles for every $1 spent and 2 miles when travelling abroad. Additionally, Citi rewards you with 15,000 annually.
The $267.50 annual fee is waived in the first year and it’s made up for in the other perks this card has to offer like 2 free airport lounge visits and complimentary travel insurance. You can also earn up to 14% in fuel savings at Esso and Shell when you use your card.
Citi Clear Card
Citibank Student Clear Card
Students need credit cards, too. And Citi recognizes this need. That’s why they offer the Citi Clear card with a low annual fee of just $29.96.
This may be one of the best student credit cards available with rewards that add up to 1 point for every $1 spent on everything. There is no minimum spending requirement.
With the Citi Clear card, you’ll also enjoy access to the Gourmet Pleasures dining programme which offers discounts on everything from five-star dining to online food delivery. Plus, the fuel savings at Esso and shell adds up to 14% depending on how much you spend.
Comparisons: How Other Credit Cards Stack Up to Citi Credit Cards in Singapore
Besides comparing your options between Citi cards alone, there is a vast world of credit card options to compare with. We’ve done some of the leg work for you here:
OCBC Titanium Rewards Mastercard
The OCBC Titanium Rewards Mastercard compares best to the Citi Rewards Card. Similarly, this card offers four miles for every $1 spent on fashion retail off and online. The best part about this card is that you can have the annual fee waived if you spend at least $10,000 per year with the card.
CIMB Visa Signature Card
The CIMB Visa Signature card compares best to the Citi Cash Back Card. This card offers 10% cash back on both groceries and dining worldwide. You’ll also earn this much for online spending up to the cap of $100 per month.
Finally, with this card, you can earn up to 8% cash back on petrol and Grab rides worldwide.
There is no annual fee associated with this card, although the interest rate is slightly higher than the Citi Cash Back Card.
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
The Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card compares best to the Citi Prestige Mastercard. This card is also best for people that spend a lot of time overseas.
You’ll earn three miles for every $1 spent when travelling and 1.4 miles for every $1 spent locally. The best part is the 35,000 miles you’ll earn just for signing up. Although, there is no annual bonus.
There is an annual fee associated with this card equalling $588.50 per year. This cost can be offset by the other added perks like discounted green fees when you’re golfing throughout South East Asia and Hertz Asia rental privileges.
OCBC 365 Visa Card
The OCBC 365 Visa card compares best to the Citi SMRT card. You’ll earn up to 6% cash back on dining and 3% on online travel expenses, recurring bills, transportation, and groceries. Not to mention that you can also earn rewards on EZ-Link and Transitlink transactions.
The minimum required monthly spend for this card is $800. The rewards cap out at $80 per month. You can have the annual fee of $192.60 waived if you spend at least $10,000 annually.
DBS Altitude Visa Card
The DBS Altitude Visa card compares best to the Citi Premier Miles Visa card. You’ll earn the same 1.2 miles for every $1 spent locally and 2 miles when you travel abroad.
The major difference with this card is the annual fee waiver if you spend at least $25,000. Otherwise, the annual fee is $192.60 per year. You’ll also enjoy a few additional perks like golf discounts and privileges and two free airport lounge visits per year.
Citi credit cards are some of the best in Singapore. Keep these cards in mind when you’re ready to apply for a new credit card with great benefits and rewards so you can find something that aligns well with your financial situation. Just be mindful when applying for credit cards that your credit score may drop a few points until you make a few payments.
If you have questions about any of these cards, don’t hesitate to contact us! We strive to bring you adequate comparisons to make your decision making easier.