- Enjoy 0.3% Cash Back on all transactions, including all online shopping, Visa payWave, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
- Enjoy an S$500 credit limit with no income requirement!
- Receive 21,000 AirAsia BIG Points with a minimum of S$150 within 30 days from Card Approval Date.
Apply for DBS Live Fresh Student Card now and receive Adventure Cove Waterpark & Trick Eye Museum Bundle.
0.3% Cash Back
- Credit Card Review
- Detailed Description
Credit Card Review
DBS Live Fresh Student Card
Key benefits at a glance:
- Enjoy 0.3% cash back on Overseas Spending, Online Shopping, Visa Paywave Transactions and all other transactions.
- EZ-Reload auto top up
- Up to 50% discount on DBS Indulge’s over 1,000 partner outlets
- 5 Year Annual Fee Waiver
The DBS Live Fresh Student Card allows those who do not make the normal credit card income requirement to enjoy the perks of a credit card with a $500 spending limit. This works great for students who may not be earning a monthly income yet, but who still needs the convenience of paying with a credit card.
The card also offers other great benefits, such as doubling up as an EZ-link card as well as for the convenience of contactless payments. You now only need one single card to fulfil 3 functions!
Cardholders get to earn reward points while they spend, after which you can use to redeem a wide range of products up to your fancy – dining vouchers, movie tickets, retail vouchers and even KrisFlyer miles! Earning reward points is a breeze with the Live Fresh Student card as you earn it 3 times faster. Even without spending on the qualifying categories, you get to still earn the 0.3% cash back with the Visa Paywave transactions.
The card is also perfect for students who are planning for their graduation trip – using this card to pay for your holiday bookings online helps you to earn points which you can use to redeem other rewards later. We love how DBS has curated such appropriate merchants like budget airlines Jetstar and Scoot that will appeal to students’ budgets as well.
The EZ-reload function also works to increase convenience for the student; no more forgetting to top up your EZ-link when you are late for your lectures! EZ-Reload is a service by EZ-Link that allows the EZ-Link portion in your DBS Live Fresh Student Card to be automatically topped-up when the remaining stored value is insufficient for your next ride. This saves you time from queuing at the top-up machines, and you get to earn rewards points with the top up as well!
The card comes with a 5-year fee waiver; otherwise, annual fees are at $128.40. You need to be between the age of 18-27 to qualify for this student card and there is no income requirement. However, you’d have to be an eligible undergraduate student from NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SIM, SIT, Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic or Republic Polytechnic. Applications are only open to Singapore Citizen or Permanent residents.
DBS Live Fresh Student Card – Card Application Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Apply for a Principal DBS Live Fresh Student Card (“Card”) and whose Card is approved in the period from 1 August 2018 to 31 December 2018 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”),
- Have successfully registered for the campaign at go.dbs.com/LFSCxAirAsia by 15 January 2019 and charge a minimum of S$150 (“Qualifying Spend”) (based on transaction posting date) to their Card within 30 days from Card Approval Date (collectively, the “Qualified Cardmembers”),
- Will be entitled to receive 21,000 AirAsia BIG Points (“Gift”) that will be credited to Qualified Cardmembers’ AirAsia accounts within 2 months from Card Approval Date.
Age: 18 – 27 years old (inclusive of both) and Applicants below 21 years old, will require parental/legal guardian’s consent to the application.
Income: No minimum income required
Credit Limit: The credit limit will be S$500
To apply, you must:
- Not have an existing DBS/POSB Credit Card and/or other unsecured facilities# with DBS/POSB
- Be an eligible Undergraduate student from NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SUSS, SIT, Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic or Republic Polytechnic
- Be a Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident
Annual Fees: S$128.40 (Principal card)
Fee Waiver: 5 years
# E.g. DBS Cashline, POSB Loan Assist/POSB Loan Assist Plus/Overdraft
EnjoyCompare Rating 4 out of 5 Based on 1,102 reviews
Join us and start getting money saving tips!
We won’t share your email data with anyone and you’ll have complete control to unsubscribe if you get bored. So don’t delay, sign-up today!