- Up to 3.33% cash rebates on local purchases.
- 0.3% cash rebates on overseas purchases.
- S$3 off movie tickets at Shaw Theatres exclusive to the first 600 redemptions per month.
Receive Universal Studios Singapore® tickets and Adventure Cove Waterpark™ tickets worth S$304 with Maybank Credit Cards and CreditAble.
Up to 3.33% cash rebates on local spend
- Credit Card Review
- Detailed Description
Credit Card Review
Maybank Platinum Card
The Maybank Platinum Visa card is a cash rebates card, and has drawn some comparison to local competitor bank’s rebates card. However, we always maintain that credit cards are aplenty in the market; and while you may find five cards that provide you cash rebates, each one of them is unique in its selling point and the type of cardholders they are targeting.
The Maybank Platinum Visa Card is obviously a card for those who is looking to earn rebates on their spending. It comes with a two-tier system as illustrated below:
In a nutshell, the card offers a 3.33% rebate as long as you spend a minimum of $300 each month for each quarter. Pretty easy, especially since you do not have to fulfil a requirement of a minimum amount of transactions. If you have a supplementary card holder, good news! The spending on the supplementary card counts towards the minimum monthly spend as well. If you clock up a spending of $1,000 per month, you get $100 back after three months, simple as that. If you are thinking of using a 0% instalment plan to accumulate the monthly spend, we’re sorry to let you know it doesn’t apply for the rebates, though you still get to manage your cash flow better without incurring interest payments.
To optimise on those rebates, an efficient way is to charge your monthly recurrent bills(utilities, telco…etc) to your credit card. This gives you an effortless way to fulfil the minimum spend requirement.
The card is also one of the few in the market that charges a significantly lower interest rates than its peers – a mere 15% per annum compared to the average of 24%.
An extra bonus for movie-lovers on this card is that you get $3 off movie tickets at Shaw theatres for the first 300 redemptions per month, so remember to make that movie data on the first day of each month to take advantage of this promotion.
Maybank Credit Card Fee
The Maybank Platinum Visa Credit Card come with an annual fee of S$80 paid on a quarterly basis of S$20 a Quarter. Cardholders enjoy a credit card fee waiver when you charge to the Card once every 3 months.
Terms and Conditions
- The quarterly cash rebate is based on a fixed-quarter spending (i.e. from January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December).
- To enjoy the lowest tier cash rebate of S$30 quarterly cash rebate on your Maybank Platinum Visa Card, a minimum spend amount of S$300 per month in that calendar quarter is required. Otherwise, no quarterly cash rebate will be awarded.
- To enjoy the maximum rebate of S$100 quarterly cash rebate on your Maybank Platinum Visa Card, a minimum spend amount of S$1000 per month in that calendar quarter is required. Otherwise, no quarterly cash rebate will be awarded.
- EZ-Link and Transit Link card transactions as well as other transactions which are not eligible for rebates will not be used to calculate the minimum spend for cash rebates.
Complimentary Travel Insurance
To enjoy the complimentary Travel insurance coverage of up to S$500,000 for Maybank Platinum Visa Cardmembers, simply charge your full travel package to your Maybank Credit Card and you are automaticly entitled to enjoy the complimentary travel insurance!
Missed Flight Connections
You will be taken care of should your confirmed onward connecting scheduled flight be missed at the transfer point due to the late arrival of your incoming confirmed connecting scheduled flight and no other alternative onward transportation is made available within 12 hours of the actual arrival time of your incoming flight. You and your insured family members will be reimbursed for up to S$400 for expenses incurred and charged to your Maybank Credit Card on hotel accommodation, meals and refreshments.
If your checked-in luggage is not delivered to you within 12 hours of your arrival at your scheduled destination point, you and your insured family members will be indemnified up to S$400 for expenses incurred and charged to your Maybank Credit Card for emergency purchase of essential clothing and requisites at such scheduled destination.
If your checked-in luggage is not delivered to you within 48 hours of your arrival at your scheduled destination point, it will be assumed to be permanently lost. You and your insured family members may claim up to S$1,000 for purchases of essential requisites and clothing charged to your Maybank Credit Card as a result of such loss, within 96 hours of your arrival at your scheduled destination.
To qualify for the Maybank Platinum Credit Card, applicants must meet the following criteria, with higher annual income requirement for foreigners.
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, or S$45,000 for Malaysian Citizen in employment for at least 1 year and S$60,000 for Foreigner in employment for at least 1 year
For Fully Salaried
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) ANDLatest 12 months’ CPF contribution history* OR Latest computerised payslip OR Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment** AND Latest 12 months’ CPF contribution history OR Latest computerised payslip
For Self-Employed / Fully Commissioned
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) AND Latest 2 years’ Income Tax Notice of Assessment**
For Commission/ Variable Income Earner
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) AND Latest 12 months’ CPF contribution history* OR Latest 3 months’ computerised payslip OR Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment** AND Latest 12 months’ CPF contribution history OR Latest 3 months’ computerised payslip
Foreigners Required Documents (In addition to income documents indicated above)
- Valid Passport AND
- Employment Pass (with at least 6 months’ validity) AND
- Utilities bill or bank statements with residential address AND
- Company letter stating proof of employment of at least 1 year
EnjoyCompare Rating 4 out of 5 Based on 1,102 reviews
Join us and start getting money saving tips!
We won’t share your email data with anyone and you’ll have complete control to unsubscribe if you get bored. So don’t delay, sign-up today!