Best American Express Credit Cards
Here at EnjoyCompare, we have shortlisted the best American Express credit cards available in Singapore, to help you make an informed comparison. That said, it’s important to match each credit card rewards and benefits with your natural spending patterns, as each card offers a slightly different benefit based on category spends and volume of monthly expenditure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which American Express credit card is the best? It depends if you want a cashback card (American Express True), a rewards card (American Express Platinum) or a travel card (American Express KrisFlyer). The good thing is you can search all of the benefits of these amazing cards, right here at EnjoyCompare.
- Do all shops accept American Express? I’m afraid not, the reason is that American Express require a different point of sale terminal and charge higher commisions when using their payment gateway. That’s how American Express can afford the better rewards and discounts.
International American Express Card
You might find yourself in a shop in Singapore, using your American Express card, only to find that you don’t get the promotional discount. WHY? Only Singapore issued American Express credit cards benefit from the majority of the Singapore based promotions and discounts. So you’ll need to cancel your international issued card and sign-up again.
What benefits come as standard with an American Express credit card?
- Reward Points & Air Miles – The reward points collected with every dollar spent on the credit card don’t expire. What’s more, you can exchange them for Frequent Flyer Miles from a range of airlines including Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards and Singapore KrisFlyer without a miles transfer fee.
- Fraud Protection – American Express comes with an extensive fraud protection program to protect against Identity Theft, Credit Card Fraud and Travelers Cheque and Gift Cheque Fraud. American Express uses a sophisticated monitoring system designed to detect fraudulent activity and protect your card from misuse. All Cardholders are covered by the fraud protection guarantee and won’t be liable for any unauthorised spending on your account.
- Purchase Protection – We’ve all made a purchase and instantly regretted the decision, that’s where the American Expres Purchase protection policy kicks-in. With a 90-day Accident and Theft Guarantee and a 90-day Return Guarantee.
- Global Assist – Enjoy 24hr support with immediate advice and referrals to an English-speaking doctor or lawyer anywhere in the world. With 1,700 locations around the globe, you can get help with expert travel planning advice, help with car rental and travel arrangements, or Maps and information about the local area and culture (just in case you get lost).
American Express Credit Card
We strive to make your credit card choice as simple, clear and as quick as possible so that you can make an informed comparison of the best cards. So review and compare the best AMEX credit cards, from cashback, rewards to KrisFlyer cards with EnjoyCompare.
American Express KrisFlyer Credit Card
The American Express Krisflyer credit card is an impressive travel credit card that offers fantastic KrisFlyer rewards. What’s more, as a new cardholder, you can enjoy a 5,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles on activation and 7,500 additional KrisFlyer miles with $2,500 spend in first 3 months. The spend to miles ratio is standard with 1.1 KrisFlyer mile for every S$1 spent on all your eligible purchases and earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases during June and December.
- Earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir App, silkair.com, KrisShop and at SilkAir SkyShop, both in-flight and online.
- Enjoy up to 50% savings with American Express Selects at a wide selection of restaurants in Singapore and around the world.
- Complete Fraud Protection Guarantee, you will not be held responsible for any unauthorised charges on your Credit Card, both online and offline.
American Express Platinum Credit Card
The American Express Platinum card is the best credit card for privileges and exclusive access, it comes fully loaded with dining, golf and entertainment rewards, including complimentary green fees and privileged access to over 40 clubs in Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Platinum cardholders receive a complimentary The Far Card Classic Membership worth S$425 (inclusive of GST), which offers accommodation experiences as well as year-round savings of up to 50% on dining.
As the best Platinum credit card on the market, cardholders can enjoy the freedom of a no worries financial protection program, with 90-days return guarantee, even if the store does not accept, you can return almost any purchase made in Singapore for a refund up to S$800 per item (T&C’s Apply). Plus don’t forget that the cardholders earn a total of 2 Membership Rewards points* for every S$1.60 spent.
You can convert your reward points to AirMiles, plus enjoy permanent fee waiver of the miles transfer fee (worth S$40). Lastly, platinum cardholders can transfer to point to a huge range of airline partners like Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards, Singapore KrisFlyer and more.
American Express True Cashback Credit Card
A true cash back card is just that, a credit card that offers cashback rebates, on all spends (not just a few select categories) and the American Express True credit card does just that! With easy, no fuss, cashback of 1.5% all year round, with no monthly caps and a welcome offer of 3% cashback for the first 6 months up to a total of S$5,000 spend for the first 6 months plus a fee waiver for the first year.